Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Online Outlets for your Christmas List

Hello all! I've been blogging like a maniac lately (sorry for the spammage on Facebook). Maybe this is what happens when people try to make seniors study for finals...

Anyway, I've been spending a lot of my time on a few vintage clothing websites (making wishlists and what not). Although my personal Christmas list is miles long, mostly comprised of hyperlinks to various articles of clothing, I know a lot of people that haven't even started theirs! I want to share three fantastic websites to you, good for gifting, browsing, and procrastination (my personal favorite).

1. Etsy
Clicking on the above link will take you to a massively extensive treasure trove of not only vintage clothing, but wildly valuable vintage artifacts as well. If you click said link, be prepared to stay awhile. The site is arranged so that anyone can sell basically whatever they want. Merely set up a shop of your own, upload pictures of your inventory, attach some prices and watch the customers pile up! This site is a tremendous idea for gifts for anyone in your family. The meager prices appeal to just about anyone even if shopping has already burnt a hole in your wallet (as it has mine).

Some of my many finds on Etsy include:
Photobucket
An extremely rare issue of LIFE magazine from 1969. It features an exclusive interview with Woody Allen, one of the first reviews of Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five, as well as an article on Humphrey Bogart. Unfortunately, this beauty sold before I could get my hands on it.

Photobucket
Original signed "Beatlemania Lives On" photograph by Pocket Downey. Taken at a fan-crazed hotel in Louisville during a music festival. For a price of $7, this would surely make someone's day

Photobucket
The time has come for me to introduce you to my obsession. I found this vintage, 1960's dress about a week ago and have been in love ever since. Even the description pinpoints it as "very Audrey Hepburn"

Photobucket
There also comes a time in every post where I have to talk about shoes.. This is only one pair of the many I found within five minutes of online browsing.


2. Modcloth
I've been using Modcloth for awhile now. Most have probably visited or at least heard of this site before because it's advertised incessantly on Facebook (check your sidebar). This site can be pricey at times, but it's still a great place to look for retro and vintage inspired clothes made by independent designers. I've gotten a couple pairs of shoes (including my prom shoes) from Modcloth. Some of my favorites include:
Photobucket
The "Send Off Kiss" Dress
Photobucket
The "Deservedly Denim" Pants
Photobucket
The "Greenpoint" Heels

3. Nasty Gal
Nasty Gal is my newest discovery and has been eating up my time ever since I found it. This site is a steal because it not only sells vintage clothing, but also name brands at a reduced price. Among these brands are Jeffrey Campbell, MinkPink, Evil Twin, and BB Dakota. MAH FAVES:
Photobucket
Lilly Lattice Dress
Photobucket
Shredded Stripe Sweater
Photobucket
Overprint Drawstring Pants

I'm still racking these sites up! If you have a few that you'd like to share, comment on my page! It's greatly appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment